Our mission statement has always been to help children develop total musicianship and to provide an understanding and love of music that will last for a lifetime: to this end, we have consistently increased class offerings, teacher training, and capacity. In the beginning, we only offered group classes consisting of the Harmony Road Music Courses, an internationally successful music program designed to develop total musicianship. As we grew, we added private lessons for piano, violin, viola, cello, guitar, oboe, and a computer lab. Our unique combination of private lessons, computer lab, and musicianship class enhances students’ interest and ability to succeed in auditions and competitions.
Through the course of fifteen years, we have grown from a one-room rental studio to our current facility, which includes six rooms for private lessons, a bigger group classroom, a dedicated computer lab room, and a music library. This is an exciting next stage for the MSC! As we celebrate the completion of nine years of service to the Davis community, we are thankful for the opportunity to operate our school from our permanent facility at 626 Cantrill Drive in Davis.
As founder and director of the Music Stream Center, Huei-Ping Chen Lin has dedicated her career to improving the lives of students through music. She has been teaching piano for more than 39 years, producing many successful pianists, piano teachers, and music lovers. In the spring of 2003, she established the Music Stream Center to have a vehicle whereby she could pass on her teaching experience and expertise to train teachers while offering quality music instruction to the greater Davis community. Through dedication and vision, Music Stream Center has had both stable and consistent growth throughout the years.
Huei-Ping has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Music from the National Taiwan Normal University, a Master of Music degree in Piano Pedagogy from the Southern Methodist University, and a one-year study of Music Education Doctoral Program in the University of Texas at Austin. She also holds a Professional Certificate in Piano from the Music Teachers National Association, the California Association of Professional Music Teachers and the National Guild of Piano Teachers.
Credits and Recognitions:
- She has been appointed as Master Teacher of The American Music Scholarship Association.
- She is a member of the National Guild of Piano Teachers Board of Judges.
- She is an active adjudicator of the California Association of Professional Music Teachers and the Music Teachers’ Association of California.
- Her name is in the Hall of Fame of the National Guild of Piano Teachers.
- Her students have won numerous piano competitions statewide.
- She has been teaching piano for 38 years.
- She maintains an active role in professional organizations such as;
-President of the MTAC Yolo County Branch
-Chairman of the NGPT Davis audition center
-Past president of the MTAC Sacramento County Branch
-Past president of Davis Music Teachers' Association
-Past vice-president of the CAPMT Sacramento chapter
- She attends conventions, workshops, and clinics to keep informed of new ideas of piano pedagogy and improve her program constantly.
- She is the founder and director of Music Stream Center in Davis since 2003.
At MSC, our teachers work together to bring you the highest quality instruction. Our teachers are all University trained, and strive to help each student reach their full potential.
- Group class Teachers: Bernadette Mondok
Huei-Ping Chen Lin
Jay Jay Whaley
- Guitar/Ukulele Teacher: Michael Silva
Sasha Kachugina (cello)
David Thorp (violin)
Mica Phan (violin)
Joseph Galamba (violin)
- Oboe & Other Wind instrument Teacher: Laura Harrington
- Voice Teacher: Bernadette Mondok